Ethereal-dev: [ethereal-dev] problems with sniffer save, need info on adding info to NCP code

From: "Neulinger, Nathan R." <nneul@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:27:56 -0600
I was unable to open the saved capture from ethereal (latest cvs) with
sniffer pro. It claims it is an unsupported file format.

As a note, sniffer pro seems to come with a bunch of different traces that
have a LOT of weird stuff in them. I've been looking at them with ethereal
to see what sort of stuff is in there, but haven't started writing any
updates

It looks like there are a number of NCP functions that ethereal doesn't
identify, for example:

create-service-connect    00/02    create a service connection
service-request         17/3d   read property value request
destroy-conn            24/00   destroy connection

I don't necessarily want to add all the dissectors for those, but since I
have the information, I'd be happy to put in labels for the various function
codes if someone could explain how. (I'm not sure on that ncp2222 structure
what should be put in.)

This particular trace also has a "IBMNM: trace tool present" dsap packet
will lots of stuff in it, that may be worth breaking out.

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                       EMail:  nneul@xxxxxxx