Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] I4B trace & V.120 decoder

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 13:51:23 -0800
> The diff is relative to Ethereal 0.7.9 and might require some tweaking,
> as I'm not an automake wizard. I hope I touched the right files...

The top-level "Makefile.am" looks OK.  The one in Wiretap also needed to
have "i4btrace.h" and "i4b_trace.h" added, so that they end up in the
distribution.

I don't know whether the non-GPLed nature of "i4b_trace.h" is an issue;
it doesn't include a BSD-style "give credit" clause, which is said to
conflict with the GPL (probably because it imposes an additional
requirement on redistribution, as per

	  6. Each time you redistribute the Program (or any work based on the
	Program), the recipient automatically receives a license from the
	original licensor to copy, distribute or modify the Program subject to
	these terms and conditions.  You may not impose any further
	restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the rights granted herein.
	You are not responsible for enforcing compliance by third parties to
	this License.

in the GPL), so this may not be an issue.  (That may also be part of why
the University of California removed that requirement.)