Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] CVS source tree: configure problems

From: Greg Kilfoyle <gregk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 13:40:40 -0800
Hi Guy,

Yes, a simple rename of gtime to something else would prevent anyone
else from running into the same problem.

As for the *other* problems, we had gtk.m4 in /usr/X11R6/share/aclocal
which was not being searched by default. I run the aclocal with -I and
the other commands in autogen.sh manually to get around this. There were
then some other issues which I've since discovered are not an Ethereal
problem. To check, I just checked out a clean Ethereal tree, copied
gtk.m4 to where aclocal will find it by default and ran autogen.sh - it
ran fine.

On our systems, some packages are located in /usr/X11R6 and some are
located in /usr/pkg which has created other problems for me in the past,
so I don't think the placement of gtk.m4 in /usr/X11R6/share is an
Ethereal issue.

Cheers, Greg.

--
Greg Kilfoyle (gregk@xxxxxxxxxxx)