Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] SRVLOC update and SQUID-HTTP

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 12:56:33 -0800 (PST)
> The attached patch updates packet-srvloc do decode authentication blocks
> if present and changes use of ntohl to pntohl.

Checked in, with some changes to the authentication block dissector - it
doesn't copy it, it just calls "pntoh[ls]()" directly on the packet data
(the offsets are used in the "proto_tree_add_text()" calls anyway), and
you can't pass a "guint32" to "gmtime()" ("gmtime()" expects a pointer
as an argument) or even, necessarily, a pointer to a "guint32()" to
"gmtime()" (it expects a pointer to a "time_t", which is 64 bits on some
64-bit plaforms).

> The manuf file is patched
> to add the code (00:50:BA) for my 10/100-BASET D-link Ethernet adapter.

Checked in.

> Also include is a patch to packet-tcp to add port 3128 to HTTP decodes.
> Port 3128 is the default HTTP port used by Squid proxy software.

...and by NetCache as well.

NetCache also uses port 3132 for its HTTP-based administrative UI, so I
added that as well (to, I suspect, the applause of the NetCache tech
support folks - hi, Jerry! - and the rest of the NetCache development
group).

However, Olivier Abad appears to have just now checked in his plugin
support, so we may be able to use that for non-plugin protocols as well,
so you can say, for example, "port XXX is protocol YYY", rather than
wiring in all the port numbers.