Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] wiretap request - if it's not too much trouble

From: Olivier Abad <abad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 18:21:32 +0100
On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 11:39:58AM +0100, Olivier Abad wrote:
> Here is the patch. It doesn't include ATM support, and was tested only
> with X.25 captures.
> I used 4.40 as the version in the REC_VERS record. It is the version
> of my DOS based sniffer, but it doesn't seem to work.  I noticed two
> records between the REC_VERS and the first REC_FRAME2 in the files
> written by my sniffer. However, these record types (07 and 06) are not
> documented.

I manually changed the version in a file written by ethereal from 4.40
to 4.0, and my sniffer can now read it. I'll try to put a really old
version number (1.0 ?). I hope it will be readable on recent versions of
sniffers.

Olivier
--
A lot of people I know believe in positive thinking, and so do I.  I
believe everything positively stinks.