Ethereal-dev: Re: [ethereal-dev] New TCP decode

From: Jerry Talkington <jerryt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 18:46:06 -0800
* Richard Sharpe (sharpe@xxxxxxxxxx) done spit this rhetoric:
> Hi,
>
> I agree that the new TCP decode stuff sticks out like the proverbial, but
> it is the sort of thing that NetMon does, and it helps to see the summary
> info there so you don't have to dive into the TCP header just to check a
> few things ...
>
> I suspect we should put in more info for all protocols ...

I'd personally like to see the entire line of an HTTP header (but not all
the headers on one line ;)

BTW, I like the way it shows the vitals on the status line, since it
doesn't show them in the upper window for decoded protocols (at least not
HTTP, which is just about all I look at.)

--
Jerry Talkington
NetCache Escalation Engineer

"I believe the children are our future: nasty, brutish and short."