Table of Contents
- 1. What is Wireshark?
- 2. What’s New
- 3. Getting Wireshark
- 4. File Locations
- 5. Known Problems
- 6. Getting Help
- 7. Frequently Asked Questions
Wireshark is the world’s most popular network protocol analyzer. It is used for troubleshooting, analysis, development and education.
The following vulnerabilities have been fixed:
The following bugs have been fixed:
- Incorrect presentation of dissected data item (NETMASK) in ISAKMP dissector. Bug 14987.
- udpdump frame too long error. Bug 14989.
- ASTERIX Category 062 / 135 Altitude has wrong value. Bug 15030.
- Wireshark cannot decrypt SSL/TLS session if it was proxied over HTTP tunnel. Bug 15042.
- TLS records in a HTTP tunnel are displayed as "Encrypted Handshake Message". Bug 15043.
- BTATT Dissector: Temperature Measurement: Celsius and Fahrenheit swapped. Bug 15058.
- Diameter AVP User Location Info, Mobile Network Code decoded not correctly. Bug 15068.
- Heartbeat message "Info" displayed without comma separator. Bug 15079.
- DTAP CC Start DTMF keypad information parsing error. Bug 15088.
ASTERIX, Bluetooth ATT, Bluetooth AVDTP, DHCP, DTLS, E.212, HTTP, ISAKMP, K12, Nordic BLE, Radiotap, and SSL
Wireshark source code and installation packages are available from https://www.wireshark.org/download.html.
Most Linux and Unix vendors supply their own Wireshark packages. You can usually install or upgrade Wireshark using the package management system specific to that platform. A list of third-party packages can be found on the download page on the Wireshark web site.
Wireshark and TShark look in several different locations for preference files, plugins, SNMP MIBS, and RADIUS dictionaries. These locations vary from platform to platform. You can use About→Folders to find the default locations on your system.
Dumpcap might not quit if Wireshark or TShark crashes. (Bug 1419)
The BER dissector might infinitely loop. (Bug 1516)
Capture filters aren’t applied when capturing from named pipes. (Bug 1814)
Filtering tshark captures with read filters (-R) no longer works. (Bug 2234)
Application crash when changing real-time option. (Bug 4035)
Wireshark and TShark will display incorrect delta times in some cases. (Bug 4985)
Wireshark should let you work with multiple capture files. (Bug 10488)
Community support is available on Wireshark’s Q&A site and on the wireshark-users mailing list. Subscription information and archives for all of Wireshark’s mailing lists can be found on the web site.
Official Wireshark training and certification are available from Wireshark University.
A complete FAQ is available on the Wireshark web site.