Table of Contents
Wireshark is the world’s most popular network protocol analyzer. It is used for troubleshooting, analysis, development and education.
The following vulnerabilities have been fixed.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- Last Address field for IPv6 RPL routing header is interpreted incorrectly. (Bug 10560)
- Comparing two capture files crashes Wireshark when navigating the results. (Bug 11098)
- 802.11 frame is not correctly dissected if it contains HT Control. (Bug 11351)
- GVCP bit-fields not updated. (Bug 11442)
- Tshark crash when specifying ssl.keys_list on CLI. (Bug 11443)
- pcapng: SPB capture length is incorrectly truncated if IDB snaplen = 0. (Bug 11483)
- pcapng: NRB IPv4 address is endian swapped but shouldn’t be. (Bug 11484)
- pcapng: NRB with options causes file read failure. (Bug 11485)
- pcapng: ISB without if_drop option is shown as max value. (Bug 11489)
- UNISTIM dissector - Message length not included in offset for "Select Adjustable Rx Volume". (Bug 11497)
Wireshark source code and installation packages are available from https://www.wireshark.org/download.html.
Most Linux and Unix vendors supply their own Wireshark packages. You can usually install or upgrade Wireshark using the package management system specific to that platform. A list of third-party packages can be found on the download page on the Wireshark web site.
Wireshark and TShark look in several different locations for preference files, plugins, SNMP MIBS, and RADIUS dictionaries. These locations vary from platform to platform. You can use About→Folders to find the default locations on your system.
Dumpcap might not quit if Wireshark or TShark crashes. (Bug 1419)
The BER dissector might infinitely loop. (Bug 1516)
Capture filters aren’t applied when capturing from named pipes. (Bug 1814)
Filtering tshark captures with read filters (-R) no longer works. (Bug 2234)
The 64-bit Windows installer does not support Kerberos decryption. (Win64 development page)
Application crash when changing real-time option. (Bug 4035)
Hex pane display issue after startup. (Bug 4056)
Packet list rows are oversized. (Bug 4357)
Wireshark and TShark will display incorrect delta times in some cases. (Bug 4985)
Community support is available on Wireshark’s Q&A site and on the wireshark-users mailing list. Subscription information and archives for all of Wireshark’s mailing lists can be found on the web site.
Official Wireshark training and certification are available from Wireshark University.
A complete FAQ is available on the Wireshark web site.