Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How to extract cookies from captured packets

From: Erik Hjelmvik <erik.hjelmvik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 22:41:49 +0200
The easiest way to see cookies in captured packets is to load the pcap
file with NetworkMiner and open the "Credentials" tab. You'll be able
to see all cookies there.

You can download NetworkMiner from here:
http://www.netresec.com/?page=Networkminer

How to run NetworkMiner in Linux/OS X/FreeBSD:
http://www.netresec.com/?page=Blog&month=2011-12&post=No-more-Wine---NetworkMiner-in-Linux-with-Mono

Of course, as Sake mentioned, cookies sent over HTTPS will not be
seen. But it happens that cookies like this leak via TCP/80 anyway if
the "Secure connections only" attribute isn't set for the cookie. I've
mentioned it here:
http://www.netresec.com/?page=Blog&month=2011-02&post=Webmail-Information-Leakage

Good luck!

/erik