Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] CentOS 6.3 and DUMPCAP -B option

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 13:39:57 -0400
John Powell wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am performing a continuous capture of a large IP stream using dumpcap.

I have been told by my users that they are experiencing packet drop.

I am running CentOS 6.3 with:

    * wireshark-1.2.15-2.el6_2.1.x86_64
    * wireshark-gnome-1.2.15-2.el6_2.1.x86_64
    * libpcap-1.0.0-6.20091201git117cb5.el6.x86_64

I found this solution on a Dumpcap man page:

*-B <capture buffer size>*
[...]
but alas this options in not available on my build even though I am running libpcap 1.0.0-6.

*Any suggestions as to how to utilize the capture buffer size option on my machine will be greatly appreciated!*

What kind of error are you getting that says "-B" isn't working? I just tried it on 6.1 and dumpcap did not complain when I gave it the "-B" argument.