Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] ISDN Layer 3 decode

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 20:16:08 -0700
On Oct 27, 2011, at 7:34 AM, Keith French wrote:

> There still is a slight problem. If the trace starts with a series of layer 2
> receive ready frames, you get one of these two errors:-

The problem has nothing to do with RR frames; it has to do with the length of the first record in the file - if it's 8 bytes long, it gets ignored by Wireshark (even if it's a packet record), and if it's not 8 bytes long, Wireshark gets very confused because it starts looking for records in the middle of a record.

I've checked in a fix in revision 39645.  See whether that works with the other captures (and look at bug 6483 - I've asked for some more information to see if I can guess what the first 8-byte record is in the other two .aps files).