Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] ISDN Layer 3 decode

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 15:37:01 -0600
On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 10:27:26PM +0100, Keith French wrote:

> It does have an Export option to Ethereal, but all packets show up as
> malformed.

Maybe the dissector needs to be fixed?  If Wireshark is reading it, the
file format should be OK and is presumably a standard libpcap style
file.

> It can be saved in its own format (which I would think is highly
> protected) being a commercial product, or in CSV or Text. The other
> analyser I mentioned that uses Wireshark saves its D channel decodes
> in TRC format.

On occasion, commercial software document their file format very well,
such as TamoSoft's CommView:
http://www.tamos.com/htmlhelp/commview/logformat.htm which made it very
easy to extend Wireshark :)