Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Interpretation of hex numbers.

From: Lisi <lisi.reisz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 20:45:04 +0100
I'm still struggling a bit.  I have e.g. transaction ID: 0xc13e, associated
hex numbers in pane c1 3e.  They do not seem to me to give the same decimal
numbers (which I _think_ we are being asked for).  Depending on how much
notice one takes of the 0x, the first of these is either 0 or 49152.  The
second is the pair of numbers 192 62.  (Assuming, of course, that I am still
awake enough to do arithmetic.)

I can easily now click on the pane and highlight the line in the header, and
vice versa, and I find the equation between the ASCII numbers and the text
intriguing.  But I am not clear where one goes from there.  And I still do
not know whether I should interpret it as c13e or c1 3e.  (I think that I can
rule out the zero result:  I was just being a bit facetious.)

All suggestions welcomed.

Lisi