Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Hex numbers and fields

From: Lisi <lisi.reisz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 09:02:30 +0100
I'm sorry, I obviously don't know enough about networks for it to be sensible
for me to use Wireshark.  But I am where I am, and I want at least to try.

What is the connection between the fields and the hex numbers at the bottom of
the screen?  I can see that there is one, but I couldn't even begin to use
the hex numbers to enable me to describe the fields, which is what I am
supposed to be doing.  I need to go the other way round!

And what are the letters, numbers, dots and symbols beside the hex numbers?

I have Googled, I have searched the Wireshark site, I have searched the course
text book.  I cannot find anything that describes this.

Lisi