Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Following _all_ TCP sessions ...

From: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 17:55:22 +1100
I've since done the work I needed to do manually, but for reference: is
there any way to have wireshark[1] produce output from following each
and every session in the capture file?

For instance, I was wanting to look at a large number of SMTP sessions.
I'd captured the traffic I wanted without problems but was not readily
able to output them as text without manually selecting a packet in the
interface, following that, then saving each individually[2] ...

I did briefly look at scripting something up using Perl's Net::PCap but
that seemed fairly low level on what wireshark already offered ...

Regards,
Malcolm

[1] or another of the utilities in the suite

[2] luckily I only had around 40 sessions I had captured, but it was
    tedious ...

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch@xxxxxxxx                                                left blank