Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] MPEG 2 Video Decoding

From: Herbert Grabmayer <Herbert.Grabmayer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 14:41:45 +0200
Thanks Frank,

the hint brings me on the right way. I played now with VLC player. But when i open the pcap file it begins playing but the quality was horrible. So i tried others. I configured VLC to listen on the udp multicast address and port. But in this configuration i needed a replay software for the pcap file. i found colasoft packet player. Now i have configured in the Host (MAC OSX) the VLC player. In a VMWare with windows 7 i installed the colasoft packet player and replay the pcap with the video as captured on different points ind the network. With some reference videos where i know that there are no problems in, i see that my analyzing setup have no influence in the quality of the video.

regards
Herbert