Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Basic question about Wireshark

From: "Frank Walter" <francwalter@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 19:39:00 +0200
OK, this is clear now. Thank you!

Now I used my MacBook laptop to do wireless sniffing in monitor mode with Wireshark 1.6.1.
I see many, many packets with Destination "Broadcast" (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff).
When I try to set a filter that all those Broadcast-packets are omitted, it ends only in an empty list.
I tried:

eth.dst != ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

but also with eth.dst == ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

the result is empty. I don't know how to call the Destination, the context-menu "Apply as filter / Selected" gives me the wrong name (eth.dst).

What is it?