Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] who sends RST packets? UNIX box or application? Troublesho

From: bart sikkes <b.sikkes@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 19:13:46 +0100
would have been more useful if you kept the source and destination ip
info. because it seems to me that the source send a syn and
destination sends a syn and ack back and then the source is sending
the reset (based on port info).

beyond that enough stuff to check. you could run wirehsark (or tcpdump
or such) on the solaris box and see if it does indeed send the reset.
beyond that:
- can other systems use the solaris box?
- are there any firewalls or such in between?
- has to solaris box itself some firewall or hosts.allow sort of setup?
- when you port scan the solaris box, is port 446 reported as listening?

good luck,
bart