Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark 1.0.16 is now available

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:25:41 -0700
On 8/30/10 1:00 PM, Christopher Maynard wrote:
> Anders Broman <a.broman@...> writes:
>
>> Some info can be found here http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/LifeCycle
> Yes, but maybe there should be links to the 1.0.16 packages on the download
> page?  Currently if you were to there, you wouldn't see anything about the
> 1.0.16 release and you may not know to even look for it.  Even the release notes
> page for 1.0.16 at http://www.wireshark.org/docs/relnotes/wireshark-1.0.16.html
> directs you back to http://www.wireshark.org/download.html.

I changed the download link to point to

    http://www.wireshark.org/download/

This is also listed under "Go Spelunking" on the download page.

At this point you shouldn't be downloading 1.0.x unless you absolutely
have to; e.g. if your company has some sort of BOFH-inspired[1] desktop
management policy. Its disappearance from the download page is intentional.

> BTW, the 1.2.11 Windows Installer (64-bit) link is wrong.  It incorrectly links
> to http://media-2.cacetech.com/wireshark/win64/wireshark-win64-1.4.0.exe instead
> of to http://media-2.cacetech.com/wireshark/win64/wireshark-win64-1.2.11.exe.

Fixed. Thanks!

[1] http://www.theregister.co.uk/odds/bofh/ . CACE was recently
contacted by someone required to run Wireshark 0.99.6. On Windows 7.