Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Dissector for ANSI TCAP NATIONAL code:0 not implemented. C

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 22:49:49 +1000
I suspect anything missing in Wireshark for TCAP is because you haven't written the dissector for it yet, Felice ;-)

Seriously, though  if you want to see a feature added you probably should submit a feature request via http://bugs.wireshark.org with a sample .pcap file.

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 8:17 AM, Felice Mastrostefano <felice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Community,

If I understand correctly Wireshark is not capable of decoding ANSI MAP responses to, for example, Authentication Request Invoke and Registration Notification Request Invoke because these responses don't include an operation code specifying the type of response.

I may be missing something but why not correlate the TCAP response to the TCAP request using the identifier in order to determine the type of response? Any idea why this isn't supported in Wireshark today?

Thanks,
Felice M.