Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Dissector for ANSI TCAP NATIONAL code:0 not implemented. Conta

From: Felice Mastrostefano <felice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 18:17:53 -0400
Hello Community,

If I understand correctly Wireshark is not capable of decoding ANSI MAP responses to, for example, Authentication Request Invoke and Registration Notification Request Invoke because these responses don't include an operation code specifying the type of response.

I may be missing something but why not correlate the TCAP response to the TCAP request using the identifier in order to determine the type of response? Any idea why this isn't supported in Wireshark today?

Thanks,
Felice M.