Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Need Help.

Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 20:19:07 +0530

All.

How much the below highlighted statement is true ? How can I get the list of features/advantages that wireshark provides ?

Thanks for the reply in advance.

Hi,

We are installing this software on request of XXXX network team because they want to make sure that the VPN itself is getting disconnected or not, which as per our observation is not getting disconnected. The sniffer software is not going to tell anything more, it will not be able to provide application traffic information (because it will be encrypted). So we do not think that is required in this case, which I told clearly in the call as well, so it is basically to satisfy them, because they are not seeing your desktop which we can. I hope this clears your doubt.

Regards,

Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.