Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] dumpcap -f question [Re: Can I get Wireshark to capture co

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:21:36 -0400
Gregorio Tomas Focaccio wrote:
Phil, Thanks for the dumpcap tip, it looks like a near perfect fit to my needs. You are right about a ring-buffer being superior to 'clearing the slate', that is what I wanted, but didn't have a word for it. I wish there was a way to configure a ring-buffer within Wireshark.

There is: in the capture options window, select "Use multiple files" and make sure "Ring buffer with [N] files" is selected.