Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capturing packets on 'loopback' on Win7?

From: Jeffrey Schmidt <schmidtj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 13:56:16 -0400

Martin,

   Well, thanks for the suggestion – I appreciate that you’re trying to help. Unfortunately, that wiki article you originally linked in your first reply, has the following to say:

This adapter is a virtual network adapter you can add, but it will not work on the 127.0.0.1 IP addresses; it will take its own IP address.”

Well, I’ll keep hunting. I’ve actually moved to working on a different project, but I’ll probably come back to this eventually. Perhaps not – the problem I was trying to debug seems to have fixed itself (man I hate when that happens, because it means I never figured out the source to begin with, and it might come right back and bite me later, but as long as it’s not happening, it’s hard to debug).

Jeff Schmidt

Seapine Software, Inc.