Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] how to capture tinyos packets with wireshark?

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 16:39:02 +0200
On 18 aug 2010, at 08:48, Hamidreza Ghafghazi wrote:

> I have been using tinyos and need to capture its packet info for further analysis. I found out that wireshark is so great and powerful so  I installed it on ubuntu. the problem however is that I cannot capture tinyos packets because the packet is not an IP one. So I am wondering how is it possible to do that.

Wireshark supports many quite a few non-IP protocols. I have checked the tinyos website for a bit, but I can't seem to quickly find any information on the way tinyos systems communicate.

Could you tell over what kind of link tinyos communicates (Ethernet, Serial, USB, etc)? Do you know what kind of protocol is spoken over the link or do you have a link to more information on the used protocols?

Cheers,

Sake