Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capturing packets on 'loopback' on Win7?

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:20:42 +1000
Jeff, you probably want to check out http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/Loopback
Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 6:14 AM, Jeffrey Schmidt <schmidtj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

   Is it possible to start a capture on the loopback interface on Windows 7? I have a client and server both running on the same machine which I’ve Installed Wireshark on. However, it appears that I cannot capture that ‘local’ traffic – only packets sent and received by the physical Ethernet device on my computer?

Jeff Schmidt

QA Analyst

Seapine Software, Inc. | Be Quality Ready

5412 Courseview Dr., Suite 200, Mason, OH 45040

Phone: 513.701.1551 | Fax: 513.754.1660

www.seapine.com

Join Seapine's Agile Expedition. Learn more @ www.seapine.com/AgileExpedition