Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Capturing packets on 'loopback' on Win7?

From: Jeffrey Schmidt <schmidtj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 16:14:57 -0400

Hello,

   Is it possible to start a capture on the loopback interface on Windows 7? I have a client and server both running on the same machine which I’ve Installed Wireshark on. However, it appears that I cannot capture that ‘local’ traffic – only packets sent and received by the physical Ethernet device on my computer?

Jeff Schmidt

QA Analyst

Seapine Software, Inc. | Be Quality Ready

5412 Courseview Dr., Suite 200, Mason, OH 45040

Phone: 513.701.1551 | Fax: 513.754.1660

www.seapine.com

Join Seapine's Agile Expedition. Learn more @ www.seapine.com/AgileExpedition