Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Memory vs Wireshark

From: "Saulpaugh, Chris" <Chris.Saulpaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 07:31:32 -0700

This is an inherent limitation of some of the Wireshark versions and Windows systems. I recommend you use multiple smaller capture files and stitch them together afterwards. I normally limit myself to 128 MB capture files and accept the fact that my traces will create a series of files.

Some of the forum experts can offer additional guidance on this.