Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Need filters

From: "David H. Lipman" <DLipman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 16:52:37 -0400
From: "Jaap Keuter" <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>

| Hi,

| You need a display filter?
| Just point and click; point to the packet with the protocol you don't want,
| right-click and add to filter.

| Thanks,
| Jaap

I'm kind of in the middle but here goes...
{ I say I am in the middle because it is not my website. }

This is a web site accepts malcious samples.  The site sandbozes and executes the malcious
samples and the sends a PCAP file of communication and a HTML file of activity.

The PCAP is full of Microsoft "noise" that doesn't have to do with the malware analysis.
The objective is to filter out the noise and generate a PCAP without said noise.  That
filtered PCAP and the HTML report are subsequently ZIPed and emailed to the malicious file
submitter.

--
Dave