Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Looking for a portable sniffing-friendlyhub/switch

From: "RUOFF, LARS (LARS)** CTR **" <lars.ruoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:30:41 +0200
Hello,
Just for information for those that have joined in on the subject some time ago:
I finally acquired a Netgear GS105E and it very much fits my expectations.
It can do port mirroring of up to 4 ports to one mirror port.
The mirroring does preserve 802.1Q VLAN tags.
Another nice feature is that you may put the mirror port in a separate port based VLAN. Then your sniffer PC goes undetected from the rest of the (customer) network.
I recommend it.

Regards,
Lars Ruoff