Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Sniffing the WAN side of a VPN

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 09:25:39 +1000
Depending on what your isp has setup will determine what you see. As
John said your router may be using esp. However we with a carrier or
provider vpn then the encapsulation might all be hidden from you in
their network core.  If you can't get to the router configuration then
put in a manageable switch between router and modem and use port
mirroring to  wireshark to see the traffic

--
Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx