Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] TLS Alert Fatal Messages

From: "Sheahan, John" <John.Sheahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:02:12 -0400
I have just identified some Fatal error messages that occur occasionally between a client and an SSL server.

The errors that the client throw are:

Alert(Level: Fatal, Description: Certificate Unknown)

and

Alert(Level: Fatal, Description: Internal Error)

There are many TCP conversations going on constantly between this host and destination server but it's only once every few days that the host will suddenly throw these couple of errors and then things continue as usual for another few days.

Can anyone give me any ideas as to what might be happening here?

Thanks

John