Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] SYN repeated retransmission despite "SYN ACK" following in

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 20:35:32 +1000
Jeff,

Well, if the Dup ACKs in frames 206,208 etc don't have ACK *and* SYN set (just check the flag details in the middle pane on those frames) then I would say there is a bug in the IP stack of the printer. (Are you capturing this "close" to printer and is there no firewall or something that might be altering the TCP flags in between?)

If this problem only happens on the odd occasion when the first SYN+ACK doesn't make it back to the client then it is possible that this bug (when the client needs to send a followup SYN) may have gone undetected.

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx