Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] OutOfMemory

From: Anthony Murabito <anthony@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 16:30:39 -0400
Hi Roger,

The system monitor will only show you the amount of memory in use by programs, not what your OS is using as cache as well. If you add the system monitor to a taskbar, you can view both. I've seen it on my machine as well, if a lot is being used by cache, and has to be page file swapped out while a large capture is loading, wireshark will sometimes crash. (see attached pic)

Regards,

Anthony