Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] OutOfMemory

From: "Wynns, Roger [OXFORD]" <RWynns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:19:27 -0700

Gentlemen,

I was trying to open a 200MB .pcap file into Wireshark(1.2.2) under

Ubuntu(see System Monitor.png) and I got the OutOfMemory message.

According to the System Monitor, I was not out of memory(see

OutOfMemory.png).  I have read the Wiki page and it said that it would use

all available memory/swap space.

Is there some setting that I need to set to force it to use all memory

and/or swap space?

Any other reason that it is not using all the memory?

Thanks,

Roger Wynns

Thanks,

Roger Wynns