Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] mean opinion score

From: "RUOFF, LARS (LARS)** CTR **" <lars.ruoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:29:33 +0200
Hi,
That's true.
But just for completeness, know that there is also another ITU-T recommendation, "G.107 - The E-model, a computational model for use in transmission planning" (not freely available from ITU-T though), which describes how to calculate a MOS from objectively measured parameters.
These include network- (loss, delay, jitter) as well as device- (TELR, ELR etc.) and environment- (noise etc.) specific parameters.
At least for the network related impairments, a network analysis tool like Wireshark could help in principle in that it could provide these calculation, assuming the other parameters stay constant and can be used with reasonable default values.

Regards,
Lars Ruoff