Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Looking for a portable sniffing-friendlyhub/switch

From: "Oldcommguy - Tim" <oldcommguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 15:52:20 -0400
The DIY tap actually works....depending on how well one follows directions.

For VoIP with a SPAN port , please remember, there will not be any jitter
and loss frames for your analysis.

Other than that it is all about connections, setup,,,etc.

Another DIY - http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Passive-Network-Tap/

Good Sniffing.....

Tim O'Neill  - The "OldcommguyT"
B.T. Solutions, Inc.
Phone - 770-640-0809
Website - www.lovemytool.com
e-mail - Tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please honor and support our Troops, Law Enforcement and First Responders!
All Gave Some - Some Gave All!