Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Looking for a portable sniffing-friendlyhub/switch

From: Alex Lindberg <alindber@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 16:20:46 -0700 (PDT)
In my work, I use a DataCom SS-100 tap (10/100mb).  Works great.

The use of Ethernet hubs is full of problems including Speed and Duplex issues and port mirroring on an Ethernet Switch does not always work as expected.

While true taps are more expensive that other solutions, if you do sniffing for a living, then they can't be beat.

DataCom: http://www.datacomsystems.com/index.asp

Alex Lindberg