Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark having problems with shared library

From: J Pak <sqa777@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 15:27:04 -0700
I am running Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty).  It is on a Dell system running an Intel Xeon processor.

I installed wireshark (I think) or it might already have had the Wireshark package installed.

Every time I try to run wireshark, I get this error message as Wireshark bombs:

Inconsistency detected by ld.so: ../sysdeps/x86_64/dl-machine.h: 458: elf_machine_rela_relative: Assertion `((reloc->r_info) & 0xffffffff) == 8' failed!

The same error occurs when I try to run tshark.

I tried ldconfig -v and it doesn't help.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanx,
SQA777