Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Cannot see RTP packets on end

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 07:16:28 +1000
The problem will be that your friends capture probably has not seen the the related SIP or RTSP control packets associated with the conversation. RTP runs on top of UDP, but is doesn't use a fixed or well known port, so it is difficult for Wireshark to always determine whether particular UDP packets are UDP. If you right-click on a UDP packet that you think is RTP and use "Decode As..." to select RTP, you should get the result you are after.

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx