Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Question Regarding Connecting HUB and Wireshark

Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 11:00:40 +0100
In message <1A4EB045BDE54744B11D00EF45172DED62665AC7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Spector, Paul" <paul.spector@xxxxxxxx> writes
Bart,

Due to specific product configuration, this hub is required. And now I need to capture the data from a 10Base2 LAN connecting to a 10BaseT LAN. Any thoughts?

If I've understood correctly a couple of things spring to mind:

use a true 10base2/10baseT hub and connect to the 10base2 network, probably about GBP1 on eBay

get a 10base2 AUI and a hub that has a 15D(?) AUI connector

a 10base2 card, though finding a PC with the right slots might be an issue