Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] RSL over LAPD over UDP not parsed

From: Christian de Waal <Christian.deWaal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:49:49 +0100

Dear all,

I have some tcpdump traces where I am very sure that the protocol stack used is RSL over LAPD over UDP. However, the RSL over LAPD part is not parsed by Wireshark, but only displayed as hex data. I have tried to find some configuration possibility to manually assign LAPD to the non standard UDP port number which is used in this case, but I failed.

Therefore my question, can I somehow configure Wireshark to parse LAPD and RSL inside the UDP packets? If this is not possible configuration-wise, could someone point me to the places in the source code where I would have to make changes to “hard code” this protocol stack into a special Wireshark version which I could use specifically for these traces only?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

BR,

Christian de Waal

______________________________
Christian de Waal - Value Added Service IP Engineer

Tel: +49 (211) 5423 5006
Mobil: +49 (1577) 540 5006
Fax: +49 (211) 5423 5099
E-Mail: christian.dewaal@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.onephone.de

OnePhone Deutschland GmbH
Düsseldorfer Str.16
40699 Erkrath, Deutschland

Geschäftsführer: Marc Mauermann
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Erkrath, Düsseldorfer Str.16, D-40699 Erkrath
HRB 21674 Wuppertal

Think green! Please consider the environment before printing this email.