Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Hex Offset Needed

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 13:52:39 +1100
John,

This is a bit tricky. Firstly I don't believe that there is a HTTP response code (or status code) with a value of "0"

Also the HTTP "User-Agent" is going to go out in the request, and is not seen in the response. So whatever you do needs to be "stateful" knowing that the response is associated with a particular requests.

Also I don't think there is a guarantee and on the "offset" in a packet where the response code will be and almost certainly not for the "User-Agent"  string as it usually preceded by the "Accept" string which is quite variable amongst browsers.

However you can use the Wireshark "Packet Bytes" pane (usually at the bottom of the window) to see if you cand devise something that is a "good enough" filter to limit what you capture and then refine it further with Wireshark to do it properly.

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx