Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] how to save RTP payload in WS v1.2.4

Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 10:28:41 +0000

In earlier versions of WireShark, say 1.0.3, if I wanted to save the RTP payload from a capture I'd do the following:

Highlight a packet in the stream I wanted to save
Select the "statistics" menu
Hover on "RTP"
Select "stream analysis"
Open the new window WireShark had created
Select "forward" on the “Channels” radio button
Click "save payload"

I could then replay the saved RTP payload directly in a stream player.

Having updated to v1.2.4 (1.2.0 was the same) the "RTP" entry doesn't appear in the "statistics" menu, and I can't find a way of saving the RTP payload.

Any suggestions on how to save RTP payload in v1.2.4

MTIA