Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Slow database access

From: John Hinckley <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:47:47 -0800
I'm not sure whether it was a windows update or a symantec update but something caused my customer's pervasive database to start dragging.  I took a capture from a workstation client and it only seems slow when retrieving the data but once the data is retrieved, manipulating seems normal.  There are 3-10 second delays in accessing tables etc.

The workstation IP: 192.168.0.13 (windows xp pro sp3)
Database Server IP: 192.168.0.3 (windows server 2008 standard)
Application Name: Agris (pervasive database)

I've completely disabled symantec on both the client and the server and it hasn't made a bit of difference.  I'm having a hard time sifting through the capture I took.  All I did was have the client login and access a report during the capture.  Maybe 20 seconds tops.

I've attached the capture file; if anyone can see anything useful, I would appreciate you sharing it.

TIA,
John