Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] IP BW computation in RTP stream analysis

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:52:17 +1100
Without reading the source code, it looks to me to be pretty much a sum of the size (in kilobits) of the previous 1 seconds worth of RTP packets in that direction on that stream. (I *think* it is just the IP size (header + payload) but not the layer 2 frame. So effective it shows a moving average bit rate over a one second window. You can tell it is done this way as see the IP BW "ramp up" at the beginning of each session. (Of course you should  read the code to confirm this exactly).

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx