Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Sniffing Wireless with Wireshark?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 11:29:00 -0800

On Nov 1, 2009, at 7:42 AM, Steve Evans wrote:

Presumably by "PCAP (or similar) adapters" you mean
"AirPcap (or
similar) adapters":

Correct. We've grown accustomed to calling them "PCAP" for short.

Given that not everybody's familiar with that convention - I've never heard it, for example - and that "pcap" is also used to refer to libpcap/WinPcap (see the Wikipedia page for "pcap", for example), using the full name is probably a better idea on the list.