Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Disabling TCP Checksum

From: "Laura Chappell" <lchappell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:00:45 -0700

Hey John…

I actually leave the checksum error checking on and disable the Checksum Error color filter (not deleted, but disabled) as THAT is the most annoying thing of all here.

Ya know… if there really is a TCP checksum errors and the receiving TCP dumps the cruddy packet, you’ll see retransmissions – if your retransmissions don’t seem to be caused by timeouts waiting for ACKs or packet loss then just keep the TCP checksum idea in the back of your head (my head can’t hold that information, hence the checksum validation is on, but the colorization is disabled).

Laura

chappellU.com