Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Disabling TCP Checksum

From: "Robert D. Scott" <robert@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:06:54 -0400
Not too much, unless you are actually dealing with a NIC that is spewing
traffic with improperly framed data, or looking at a line where noise is an
issue. For your daily sniff where you are looking primarily at protocol
information there is little impact.  Of course you can always just ignore it
as well.

Robert D. Scott                 Robert@xxxxxxx
Senior Network Engineer         352-273-0113 Phone
CNS - Network Services          352-392-2061 CNS Phone Tree
University of Florida           352-392-9440 FAX
Florida Lambda Rail             352-294-3571 FLR NOC
Gainesville, FL  32611          321-663-0421 Cell