Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Ack number always equals 1

From: dan meyer <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 15:21:48 -0500
Hello Giovanni

'By default Wireshark and TShark will keep track of all TCP sessions and convert all Sequence Numbers (SEQ numbers) and Acknowledge Numbers (ACK Numbers) into relative numbers. '

Since you are using a crossover cable, it's very unlikely you have a network problem. That leaves OS, driver or application issues. If other apps don't have any network problems, your application is probably at fault here

Good luck, and let us know what you find!

-- Dan Meyer